|Cranberry Nut Cake|
- 2 c. halved cranberries (cut when semi-frozen)
- 1/2 c. toasted slivered almonds
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs (add 1 at a time and beat well)
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Stir well to blend
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with 1/3 c. milk, starting and ending with dry ingredients. Stir in floured fruit and nuts.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 300o for 55 - 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Wrap cooled cake in aluminum foil and store in cool place for several days to allow cake to ripen.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.